Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturdays Online: Advantages of Medium Format Film Photography

According to a recent article on the REFRAME Website, if you are going Film, Go Medium Format!

If you are a new follower of My Vintage Cameras, the following Keywords all refer to my medium format photography:
  • Medium Format
  • Mamiya
  • Mamiya 6
  • Mamiya 645
  • Mamiya 7
  • Rollei TLR
  • Holga
  • Pinhole Cameras
  • Minolta Autocord
I have totally gone Medium format.   I possess all of the above, with the exception of the Minolta Autocord.  One of our followers does use and Autocord and I have a link to his Blog.  For me it boils down to this:
  • Unbeatable, Gorgeous, BIG Negatives
  • Unaffordable comparable digital medium format
  • Lighter weight and more versatile than lugging around a view camera
REFRAME mentions all of the above, and the subtle difference in the "Look" of the resulting print.

For two examples click here Monument Valley, and here for a Mamiya 6 portrait of me and the Mamiya 7.  Or just check out any of the Keywords.

Tmax 100 @ f/11

No comments:

Post a Comment